Saturday, May 1, 2010

Free Comic Book Day 2010



It's that time of year, Free Comic Book Day 2010! This year, I took my eight year old nephew with me. This was his first comic shop experience and he had an absolute blast! Actually, he was stunned more than excited because beyond my collection room, he's never been surrounded by wall-to-wall "geek." I wanted this year to be about him than me, so I let him choose all of his own books and discover that brick-and-mortar comic shops have to offer. He walked away with Superman, Spiderman, Ironman, Wolverine and DC Kids comics. I also treated him to an action figure. He ended up choosing the Batman figure from Trinity. Hardly a toy than a collection piece, but he really liked it. I almost wanted it more than him. I didn't pick up much myself, just got some books I was missing that were in the sales section.

Overall, the shop I went to didn't have a lot going on as far as special deals. I was hoping this year would offer more freebies or at least a better sales selection for the day. I went to this shop the first time FCBD launched, and there were a ton of great deal. I miss those days. 

No comments: