Monday, September 6, 2010

SDCC 2011 - Will there be consequences to the eye-stabbing incident?

I was unable to attend San Diego Comic Con International 2010. I missed-out on key events like Green Lantern, the Avengers, Thor and getting stabbed in the eye by a crazed fan wearing a Harry Potter shirt irate about a seat in Hall H. It seems everyone still has that memory fresh in their heads, attendee or not, and this t-shirt company is already glorifying the crazy incident.


As funny as this shirt is, I'm not sure fans are thinking about the consequence this incident may entail for the future of Comic Con. They may lock-down celebrities that often walk the con floor freely, as crazed fans are potentially seen as a threat. I really hope this isn't the case, but something tells me security may be handled differently as Comic Con is a relatively high profile event these days.

Something tells me the stabbing victim won't be first in line to buy this shirt, but if you'd like to, it's available here.

No comments: