Friday, April 23, 2010

Kevin Conroy: "Christian Bale is a damn good actor... but was steered wrong..."

A panel with Kevin Conroy at E2C2 2010, a question was asked regarding his thoughts on Christian Bale's "Batman voice." For me, Kevin Conroy is the definitive voice of Batman, so I was anxious to hear what he'd say about my favorite actor, who in turn for me, is the definitive actor to play Batman. Please bare with the bouncing sound levels in the beginning:



To this day, I still defend Christian Bale's Batman voice to no end, even though I can see why people have their gripes about it. Personally, I enjoyed it and thought it was very fitting. In addition, it was his theatrical expression of what he felt Batman sounds like, and I completely respect that. In the end, if that's the only criticism people have against the Dark Knight, that's fine by me, it's still a damn solid film!

No comments: